domingo, 15 de junho de 2014

Copies of Famous Paintings

For some weird reason, I have always liked art forgery. I mean, not that I approve, of course, so let me explain myself. What I like is to see the skills of the forger, which, like it or not, needs to be tremendous to deceive everyone. To copy a style is great, but what impresses me the most is to see copies of already existing paintings. Tony Tetro is an art forger who taught himself how to paint from books and he is really good at it. His story is the classical biography of forgers. He became rich with "his" works, then got arrested, lost his money and after release, now he makes legal copies for private clients. Compare his work here, with the original, and see how talented he is. It's a copy of a work by Caravaggio named 'Saint John the Baptist in the Wilderness'. First the original and then the copy.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário